Re: Setup strangeness

> How does setup figure out what is installed?  The
> /etc/setup/installed.db only shows packages that setup let us
> install.

/etc/setup/installed.db is the only place where setup keeps track of
what it already has installed.  Simply removing the fileutils line,
for example, lets you re-install fileutils.

However, if setup doesn't give you an "uninstall" option for
fileutils, then it may not be installed at all.  Look in
setup.log.full for the details of what happened.

> Any ideas?  Also, where's the source to setup?  I didn't see it on
> ftp://sources.redhat.com.

It's in with the cygwin sources, in src/winsup/cinstall.