server suggestions

now let me say in preface to the grunt of this message:
 1) hello fellow cygwinners!!
 2) i love unix (to the extent that it can be loved)

that's my introduction (and an apostrophe for those who like 'em)

i would greatly appreciate reccomendations primarily for servers, and
secondarily for the accompanying clients (but obviously more interested in
the servers).

what i am trying to do is replicate my online traffic locally like i
understand unix systems do.  if i run a local nntp server, i wont have to
worry about silly things like caching and message storage formats.  but i
digress. that's not the important part.

what i am really looking for is an nntp server and a pop3 server.
secondarily i would like to know if anyone has compiled mahogany and wxwin
for cygwin because i'd like to start doing some work in that. thirdly, if
anyone has recommendations for mail and/or news clients (that work =P), i
wouldn't mind knowing about them.

i *do* know that mutt compiles out of the box and there is a cygwin-rpm of
pine.

--
etoffi