Device Drivers vs/ gcc

Has anybody by any chance tried to compile Windows NT/Windows 2000 device
drivers with gcc? It seems like it ought to be possible, given the DDK
from the Microsoft web site; and the last MSVC upgrade was grizzly enough
to make me think Cygwin/gcc would be more stable then Microsoft products.

I know it sounds a bit far-fetched, but it might actually be possible?
steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,