Re: Using Visual C++ under Cygwin build system

This is a bit late, but might be of interest to you and others.

From OpenDx CVS at http://www.research.ibm.com/dx

get dx/windows directory.  Greg, one of the IBM's OpenDX developer, wrote
some wrapers, which could allow you to use MSVC from Cygwin bash shell, and
execute GNU configure scripts to generate Makefiles.  The wrappers uses
MSVC, instead of GCC.

Suhaib

--- Chad Loder <cloder@acm.org> wrote:
> Hello. I am developing a build system using Cygwin (GNU make, bash,
> etc.) on Windows 2000.

You might just want to use automake, autoconf and libtool.  AFAIK, they are
supporting VC++ syntax.

> Some of our subsystems must be built using Visual C++. Obviously
> Visual C++ will not understand paths like "/c/foo/bar.c" (where
> /c is the Cygwin mounted C: drive). However, since GNU make will
> be producing targets and processing prerequisites with precisely
> those kinds of paths, I foresee problems.

You should be able to use c:/foo/bar.c as a path name.  You may also want to
check the -win32 switch to the make command.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com