From: "Clark Sims" <clarksimsgnu@my-deja.com>
To: <mike@erdelynet.com>; <cygwin@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: running bash program on another machine

> >Clark,
> >  What are you trying to do?
>
> I am trying to update databases of prices. I use S+ to call Bloomberg's
DDE server. A typical set of commands, under bash, would look something
like:

> //d/sp2000/cmd/splus.exe S_PROJ=D\:\\SP2000\\READDATA
S_PREF=D\:\\SP2000\\USERS\\JOHNL /Batch_Prompts min /BATCH
..\\roll\\fxdncm.txt fxdncm.out.txt fxdncm.err.txt

> //d/sp2000/cmd/splus.exe S_PROJ=D\:\\SP2000\\READDATA
S_PREF=D\:\\SP2000\\USERS\\JOHNL /Batch_Prompts min /BATCH
..\\roll\\fxdncmxtu.txt fxdncmxtu.out.txt fxdncmxtu.err.txt

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/guide/server/solutions/unixutilities.as
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/resources/reskit/default.asp
>
> I am not sure what to make of rcmd. It looks like it is intended for
windows 2000, not NT.

> > Telnet (NT or Cygwin)
>
> I have tried to telnet to the computer. I know its IP address and the user
names and passwords for the computer. I can't log into the other computer.
Do I need to set up something special on the other machine?