RE: Has CR/LF and cat problem with textutils-2.0 been solved?

The latter for sure; stripping all '\r's would be a bad thing IMHO, as you
may want to *mean* 'carriage return' (for overstriking for example) and then
will output a single '\r'.

As a matter of fact now (both in UNIX and Win32 worlds) if you want to
*mean* 'line feed' and not 'end of line', you have to emit '\r\n<spaces>'
and you have to know how many spaces to emit ;-< The only justification one
may put to the Win32 CR-LF sequence is to restore the real meaning of LF;
but as one already pointed out 99.9% (or more) of Win32 programs interpret a
lone LF the UNIX way :-)

Regards,

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux