strip too aggressive

I noticed that cygwin strip sometimes seems to be too aggressive.

I just compiled  a little toy (a pop program  with a paleolithic logon
window to download e-mail into a U*x  file (no CR at eol)) and added a
PlaySound() call when the program finds some new mail. If I then strip
the program  it becomes  mute. I have  to strip it  with --keep-symbol
PlaySound option. Is it a feature or a bug ?

BTW : I wrote the program for myself, if someone wants it it is GPL.

					Gian Uberto Lauri
					lauri@eng.it