This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pwd & windows
- To: Roger Talkov <rtalkov at appworx dot com>
- Subject: Re: pwd & windows
- From: Bob McGowan <rmcgowan at veritas dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:39:11 -0700
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: VERITAS Software
- References: <39CBD8E2.7F1146D9@appworx.com>
cygpath -w `pwd`
cygpath -w $PWD
will give the Windows path of the current directory. Change -w to -u
and give it a windows path, it will print the cygwin/unix style path.
Roger Talkov wrote:
> If I use `pwd` in a shell script or makefile & pass that to a non-cygwin
> tool, like javac, it doesn't know what to do with /cygdrive/e/project .
> It would be extremely usefull to have a variant of pwd that would use
> the windows drive letter format (e:/project).
> Roger Talkov
> 425-644-2121 x 135
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Staff Software Quality Engineer
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org