RE: sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed

Hi,

Chris Faylor writes:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 06:10:35PM +0100, Mortimer, Andy wrote:
> >Hi Chris/list,
> >
> >Chris Faylor writes:
> >> [...]
> >As noted in another message, the latest snapshots didn't work for me,
> >but I've applied just the patch referred to here and it has indeed
> >stopped the hang.  Thanks, Chris! Now, I'm just left with the problem
> >of bash segfaulting inside Cygwin's signal handling thread ...  ;-)
>
> Are you saying that you took the changes from the snapshot,
> applied them
> to 1.1.4 sources, and rebuilt a DLL?

Yes.

> Unfortunately, I can't decipher a snapshot if you're using a
> home grown
> DLL unless you're willing to tell me what all of the 6100* addresses
> resolve to symbolically.

I know. :-(

> For that you can use 'addr2line' or gdb.

I'd tried to use gdb to get this information, but I really
couldn't persuade it to play with me; I hadn't come
across addr2line before.  (I even went to the lengths
of getting ld to produce a map file, but I didn't get
very far with that either :-/ )  The addresses in the
previous dump I sent resolve with addr2line to:

6100922E stack_info::init(unsigned long) exceptions.cc:226
6100922E stack_info::init(unsigned long) exceptions.cc:226
6100A2A3 interrupt_on_return(unsigned long, int, sigaction &, void *) exceptions.cc:663
6100A806 call_handler(int, sigaction &, void *) exceptions.cc:778
6100AF00 sig_handle(int) exceptions.cc:972
6103EE0E wait_sig(void *) sigproc.cc:1269
6100331A thread_stub(void *) debug.cc:91
77F04EE8 ?? ??:0

I wasn't sure which DLL to look in for the last entry.  With
the changes I made to exceptions.cc, the lines referenced
above are:

226   sf.AddrPC.Offset = ((DWORD *) ebp)[1];
663   for (i = 0; i < 32 && thestack++ ; i++)
778   else if (!interrupt_on_return (ebp, sig, siga, handler))
972   rc = call_handler (sig, thissig, handler);

which shouldn't be out by more than a couple of lines from 1.1.4.

> Btw, the argv[0] problem should be fixed in the next snapshot.

Cool, perhaps I'll try that one out if I get a chance.  Thanks!
(I'll also try the replacement DLL you sent by private mail if
I get a chance, but things are still running here, and it may
be a while before I have an opportunity with nothing
happening so I can unload the previous DLL! ;-)

Thanks for your help,

Andy

--
Andy Mortimer, CFX-5 Architecture and Infrastructure Team
andy.mortimer@aeat.com

[An automatic footer will be attached to this message.  By posting to a
/delete/reply to/whatever the message.]

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged.  It is intended for the named addressee
only.  Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender.  Thank you for your cooperation.