Pre-compiled X11R6.4 Libraries/Clients and Cygwin1.1.4

Hello,

Warning:  I am new to cygwin and what I am saying might not make sense.

Am I correct is saying that the pre-compiled X11R6.4 Libraries/Clients
compiled under B20.1 won't work under the latest release of Cygwin?  I have
downloaded the latest Cygwin distributution but can't compile the examples
in the pre-compiled X11R6.4 Libraries/Clients distribution.

REAL REQUIREMENTS:  I am trying to us PETSc scientific computing software
under cygwin.  This includes a very nice X-windows interface which helps
debugging source code (gives a nice graphical picture of the structure of
matrix entries).  To do this it uses an X-windows interface.  While it
compiles, it baffs with a segmentation fault.  Note that I can run an xterm
fine.

John Dell

Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
University of Western Australia