Re: CVS install

A couple of things:
  1) you have installed the gdbm package, right?
  2) when you 'deleted all' [in /cvs, I assume], did you also do a 'rm
.*' ?
  2) send a 'cygcheck -s -r -v' output to the list
  3) try 'strace cvs init' and see what that says...

The only time cvs tries to access (create) a file named ".#xxxxx" is
when it's making a backup of "xxxxx".  So, I'm very confused that 'cvs
init' is trying to backup a file called "1053" (or "1055" or "1063" --
whatever) after you 'deleted all'.

BTW, the following has happened several times on this list: are you
**SURE** you are running the cygwin version of cvs, and not a
windows-ish version installed somewhere else? What does 'which cvs'
show?  'cygcheck cvs.exe'?

--Chuck