Setup, Cygwin or tar problem

There's been enough chatter on the Mailing list about setup not working I know,
and this isn't going to help much other than to give another me too, sorry;
but, I want to voice a complaint.

Since setup uses tar and Cygwin I like to say that I believe tar, it could
actually be Cygwin (although, I don't think so), doesn't deal with overwriting
files properly.  I have no proof of this except that my Cygwin became totally
useless after installing overtop of my existing system.

I've installed with the same files as were downloaded previously and now I have
things working again.  The fact that Cygwin works with a fresh install and that
overwriting caused problems leads me to believe we've a bug in tar or possibly
even gzip.  However, it could also be Cygwin.

Cheers,

=====
--- <http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com> ---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>