versions/compatibilities FAQ request

The following would make exceptionally useful FAQ topics as I have not been able
to run down answers from any existing cygwin site I can locate...

The install version is 1.1, does that render prior versions incompatible

does that include DLL 1.1.4

how does DLL 1.1.4 which one sees downloadable separately sometimes, differ from
install cygwin 1.1 ?

is B20 compatible with either DLL 1.1.4 or install version 1.1.  If not should
one stay off of B20 sites entirely.  Is it possible to back out of v1.1 to B20
if one needs to in order to run a third part compile binary or are all binaries
of B20 capable of installing on 1.1 ?

What rpm or other command would be useful to determine what version of cygwin is
running.

does cygwin32, CYGWIN_98-4.10 and cygwin refer to different install versions or
compatible systems.  cygwin32 is it 1.1, or B20.  CYGWIN_98-4.10 is it B20 or
1.1 .

Is mks Toolkit install capable of installing on same machine as cygwin ?

thanks,

-dave dennis
dmd@speakeasy.org