hou to convert cygwin path to DOS path?

Hello,
   I am using bash shell and GNU make , to compile with a DOS oriented
   compiler.

   I have the following problem:
   If I am using the VPATH and the source located in other directory
   then the current, then GNU make pass (as it supposed to do) unix like
   path to the dos compiler.
   (i.e //d/src/test.c )
   The problem is that the DOS compiler does not recognize unix PATH.

   Does anyone have ,or maybe somewhere in the GNU there is ,
   a 'unix2dos' convert so my compile rule can be:
   $(CC) $(CFLAGS) `unix2dos $<` -o `unix2dos $@`

Thanks,

     Avraham

Avraham H. Fraenkel