GUI setup

There is one thing about the GUI setup that has been bothering me
since it came out. I have limited space on my system drive (where
Cygwin is installed), so my /usr/local/{bin,lib,man} directories
are symlinks onto another drive with a lot more space. Unfortunately,
whenever setup gets run, it delets the link to put an empty folder
in its place. I have to go back and manually copy the files and
re-connect the link. This is bad.

I also tried mounting /usr/local/bin to //e/bin (with an empty
folder on the system-drive for filename completion), but setup
proceeded to ignore the mounts and place the files in the empty
folder.

My question is, is it a non-trivial change to add support for
symlinks and/or mounts into setup.exe? Is this something that
the Cygwin community would benefit from?

I can live with my problem, but this behaviour was unexpected
and could easily surprise other users.

Adam Schlegel