Re: Why not mount / at C: ?

Hi!

Thursday, 24 August, 2000 Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com wrote:

EB> I'm beginning to think that it would be best to not support unmounted drives in
EB> the Cygwin environment.  It gets far to confusing and there are solutions
EB> around not having the support.  Saying this, IMO, we should deprecate the
EB> unmounted drives support.  What do you think?

you  can  confuse  things  much  more.  now,  every  win32 path can be
converted to posix form, and this is very useful feature. when program
call  getcwd(), for example, it assumeses that posix layer will return
correct posix-style path, and have all rights to.

Egor.          mailto:deo@logos-m.ru ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19