RE: CR/LF and read is shell scripts (and the cat command)

First: let me say, don't cross-post between cygwin and cygwin-developers.

Second: Eric, Larry and myself are monitoring both lists so you don't need to
include us personally in your posts.

Third: cygwin@hotpop.com is *not* the Cygwin list.  You should change that to
cygwin@sources.redhat.com.

Fourth:  You've hosed your Cygwin system.  You've both the old and the new
versions.  You need to clean your path, remove extraneous versions of Cygwin
and possibly reinstall.

Cheers,
Earnie.