Re: Setup and UNC names

 --- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>
skrev: > At 02:57 PM 8/22/2000, DJ Delorie wrote:

> >It is for setup, because it sets up the initial
> mount table, which
> >really needs drive letters.  I'm pretty sure setup
> won't like UNC
> >paths; I don't know if you can use them in the
> mount table.
>

> Yes, you can use UNC paths in the mount table.

Yes :-) I tried it as well. I first installed Cygwin
using a mapped disk (F:). Then I manually altered the
mount table in the registry to the UNC name I want to
use.

It works, but (as usual) the author of the operating
system does not support UNC names in *.bat files. So
when I start bash, using the included `cygwin.bat'
file, I get an error message in the console window.

I'll just have to start bash using a "shortcut" from
the desktop... (setting the environment first).

Thanks.