cvs on cygnus

We are still having some problems with cvs.
For those responding to my previous message, thank
you.  I don't think I am using ash (there isn't one
in /bin), and the /cygnus.bat file specifically
specifies bash, so unless this is ash and improperly
named, I think I using bash.

Anyways, I moved to NT (from 98) and no longer am
I getting errors about spurious ")" from cvs in
makefile rules.  But there is a new problem.

The Makefile does a cd $(DEV)/src/$(MODULE) && cvs update
so that we can maintain a central browsing work
area.  It is also from here that master overnights
are built.  So it is pretty important that we
can dev the source changes from windows to do
windows' builds of our xplatform programs.

Anywho, cvs gives this error:
cvs update: ignoring CVS/Root because it specfies a non-existent
repository /anm/sw/cvsroot

The /anm/sw/cvsroot is a directory on our unix machine
where the cvs server is living.  This machine exports
/anm as an smb share and in cygwin it is 'mounted' as
mount //cardano/anm /anm
But cvs.exe doesn't know that, so it isn't working.
I am not sure what to do in this case.  Because if
somebody adds a new module on windows and devs it
the CVS/Root will likely contain:
:pserver:user@cardano:/anm/sw/cvsroot:
which will be completely meaningless to cvs accessing
from a unix machine.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thank again,
Mark.