What's the status of cygwin on NT device drivers?

 Hi,

	I would like very much to avoid using MSVC or similar packages
to make an NT device driver. paying cygnus is way better than paying MS :)

	I've  skimmed through the lists, and found some old (1999) notes
about cygwin already supporting native PE's, but not __fastcall, what
has changed since then?

	So, who has some updated info for me on building them pesky drivers
w/ the help of that butt-ugly NT DDK?

	It needn't be a comlex driver,  basically hooking some syscalls and
talking to a userland app. maybe even write a device which emulates /dev
so no changes will be needed in my Unixified userland code. ;)

	I'd also be glad to land a hand to those with things in progress
concerning this issue.

	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 bye,
	Marc.

 P.S, Please CC to me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
marc @ corky.net

fingerprint = D1F0 5689 967F B87A 98EB  C64D 256A D6BF 80DE 6D3C

          /"\
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
           X      Against HTML Mail
          / \