Re: working around "more" (Was Re: what is my mistake?!!!!!)

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 09:23:51AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:
>>
>> But the question is, should sys/strace.h *really* contain C++
>> constructs? I thought system header files were supposed be universally
>> C, not C++.
>>

>Well, Chris will have to answer this question *really*, but my guess would be
>that it's because the strace program is a c++ program.  Possibly, the strace.h
>file should be renamed to strace and a new strace.h for wrappers to the c++
>functions be created, if you catch what I mean.  I'm not at all well versed in
>c++ so forgive me if I'm off track.

The strace.h file has been c++ only since March 7.

Personally, I think it was a mistake to expose strace to external
programs.  IMO, this is an "OS" interface.

However, for now, you'll need to use c++ to access strace.

I've recently also made changes to accomodate some newer gccs which
have deprecated some of the usages that I'd relied on in the header.

FYI, DJ, Corinna, and I are at a meeting this week, so our responses
to email will be pretty slow.

cgf