SVRANY/INSTSRV - replacement

Hi !

Corinna wrote:
> James Dumser wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:17:37 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > I will first upload the patched version now, at least tomorrow.
>> > Feel free to contact me again then.
>>
>> I'll try your patched version, although I think I'll be switching to the
>> SRVANY procedure once I am able to locate that.

> Can some kind soul please give a hint where to find INSTSRV/SRVANY or
> a similar product if one doesn't have the NT ResKit?

I found a URL on Sergej's site (http://www.lexa.ru/sos)
which points to the "invoker". Here is the URL for that
   http://innovation.idetix.com/invoker
I had some troubles with the version 1.51, though.
Perhaps there is a newer version and you have more luck.
That's all I can say.

I am using SVRANY / INSTSRV.EXE here and I have a small batch
file to update the registry (application name) and to give the
sshd service a nicer name for the control panel.
This batch file is not yet using the regtool which is included
in cygwin but another one (reg.exe - 94 kB).

Norbert.