Re: _argc & _argv

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 07:50:07PM -0800, Paul Garceau wrote:
>On 1 Aug 2000, at 21:49, the Illustrious Chris Faylor wrote:
>>The only way to get the argc and argv parameters is in your main
>>function.  They are passed as arguments.
>>
>>Cygwin does not have external globals that point to argc or argv.
>>Neither does UNIX.
>
>I know Unix doesn't...I didn't know that Cygwin echoed that.  I think
>that is the answer I was attempting to elicit.
>
>Thank you for your patience.

Cygwin does try to stride two worlds and it is not always easy to see
the distinction between the Windows way and the UNIX way.  In
retrospect, I can't honestly say that we didn't implement __argv and
__argc because "They don't do things that way on Windows" because we
have made other concessions to the Microsoft way of doing things.

In this case the real answer as to why there is no __argv and __argc is
probably "Because no one thought to add it."

Have fun,
cgf