Some winapi routines are not available

Hi,

I was trying to use SetEntriesInAcl in my .c program.

This function is described in the microsoft documentation, is present in
libadvapi32.a.
It is not prototyped however in windows.h, neither are defined some
structures needed by the function.
I've copied them from the doc into the source file. ANyway, the link failes
complaining about not found
SetEntriesInAcl. I did some investigation and discovered that in the
microsoft tools (like VC++) SetEntriesInAcl is redifined as SetEntriesInAclA
or SetEntriesInAclW depending on unicode. These symbols are present in
advapi32.dll. There is no SetEntriesInAcl in advapi32.dll.

It seems to me that something needs to be done for this to work under gcc.

Any idea ?

All help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Yuri Shtil, Build/Release Engineer

E-Mail: yshtil@ebay.com

Ext 7583