Re: Keyboard problems

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 02:46:08PM +0200, Jonas Jensen wrote:
>> I may be out to lunch here, but doesn't adding a binding for "\e[3~"
>> as in:
>> bind '"\e[3~": delete-char'
>> do the right thing?
>
>Thank you, it works now!
>
>Maybe it'd be an idea for setup to check the system locale, and
>generate an .inputrc file to match, so people could also have European
>accented characters without reading through every section of the
>manual, and some weird keyboards like mine could have the delete key
>without finding this message in the mailing list archives...

Send this message to the appropriate linux mailing lists, too.  We're
emulating linux's key behavior.

AFAIK, locale has nothing to do with it.  The DELETE key just sends an
escape sequence.

However, if you want to send a patch to setup.c to do locale-specific
stuff, I'm sure that DJ would be very grateful.

cgf