Re: sh problem

rmcgowan@veritas.com on 2000.07.28 19:00:16
>Well, I was hoping there might be something I'd missed seeing.  Anyway,
>I've looked through your cygcheck output (and I admit upfront I'm no
>expert at it;-).  I did notice a large number of entries for "CYGWIN.DLL
>setup\b15.0\" and an MKSTools CD mounted.  Are you sure you're not
>running either an old bash or even the MKS shell (long shots, I know,
>but its good to know)?  And your NTRESKIT looks to be hidden, so it
>should not be interfering.

AFAICT, I'm using /bin/bash which should be the latest install (I've always
wiped out all of Cygwin before installing anything new).

>I'm curious about the Path: section near the beginning.  Any idea what
>all the "?" at the beginning of each element mean?  My output shows
>leading white space only.

I just looked at the Path: section, they're all prefixed with tabs.  For some
reason, when I cut and paste tabs into email, they get screwed up (it may be a
Lotus Notes thing).

>And your CYGWIN variable may need fixing.  I don't think having "export"
>included does anything useful and it may prevent the following items
>from being seen.

I'll try this out.

>I've attached my cygcheck output for you to compare, too.  Maybe you'll
>see something else.

Thanks,
Noel

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.