Re: binmode in cygwin-1.1.3

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 07:36:29PM +0600, Igor Afanasyev wrote:

>In cygwin-1.1.3 when I extract files from a tar archive containing files
>with CRLF and redirect stdout to a file I get the file with CRCRLF.
>(tar -O -xf file.tar > qqq)
>
>To prevent this in cygwin-1.1.2 I set CYGWIN=binmode, but this doesn't work
>in cygwin-1.1.3.
>
>Can anyone please suggest what the problem is?

Sorry.  It looks like I screwed up the correspondence between "CYGWIN=binmode"
and stdin/stdout.

The only work-arounds that I can think of are:

1) Fix tar so that -O sets stdout to O_BINARY (the correct fix).

2) Do something like:

	sh -c "tar -O -xf file.tar > qqq"

   and make sure that qqq goes to a directory that is mounted with
   the -b option.

I'll release a new version of cygwin after I've seen a few more reports on
1.1.3 here, just to make sure that there are no other problems with this
release.

cgf