From: Laurent.Mirguet@trilogy.com [mailto:Laurent.Mirguet@trilogy.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 1:25 AM
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: how to disable the netsec package

I have a slowness problem with Cigwin, on Windows NT4.0

As far as I understand, each time I do a single : ls, the computer tries
to find my "sig", and for that it has to do a request to the domain
controler.
In my case, I am in France, and my domain controler is in the US. So the
request is very slow.
And my simple ls is processed after a few seconds.

This would come from the netsec package (network security). So would it be
possible to disable this package in my case ?

Laurent Mirguet
GSM : 06 09 13 24 04
ICQ : 37934822

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful.  Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via e-mail.

WRH reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail
address may be stored on the WRH e-mail system.