Re: how to disable the netsec package

I have no CYGWIN environment variable on my machine. Should I setup one ?
And what should I write in it ?

Laurent Mirguet
GSM : 06 09 13 24 04
ICQ : 37934822

Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@cygnus.com>
Sent by: corinna@snoopy.vinschen.de
07/27/00 10:45 AM
Please respond to cygwin

        To:     Laurent.Mirguet@trilogy.com
        cc:     cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
        Subject:        Re: how to disable the netsec package

Laurent.Mirguet@trilogy.com wrote:

> I have a slowness problem with Cigwin, on Windows NT4.0
>
> As far as I understand, each time I do a single : ls, the computer tries
> to find my "sig", and for that it has to do a request to the domain
> controler.
> In my case, I am in France, and my domain controler is in the US. So the
> request is very slow.
> And my simple ls is processed after a few seconds.
>
> This would come from the netsec package (network security). So would it
be
> possible to disable this package in my case ?

You will find that in the online documentation. Disable ntsec
by erasing the string `ntsec' from the environment variable
CYGWIN or replace it by the string `nontsec'.

On the other hand, the slowness problem will be solved in the
soon coming 1.1.3 release of Cygwin.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.