Re: my newly deceased gcc installation

> OK, when I type 'man setup' I get 'No manual entry found for setup',
> and the FAQ seems ambiguous about this, so does setup with no
> options just update all your existing software, or does it also add
> new things?

The new setup (the GUI one, not the text one) automatically updates
any packages that have newer versions available, *and* adds any new
packages since your last install.  It's very careful about not
re-installing stuff it already has, or even downloading files it has
locally.

There are no command line options, nor separate documentation.