Re: make --win32 incorrectly handles PATH

> Option - diddle the sources and submit the changes back to the make
> maintainers (which aren't cygnus, btw).  Then they become official and
> you don't have to maintain your own version any more.

Clarification: Cygnus (er, Red Hat) does change the official sources
to create our port of make to cygwin.  If you diddle with those parts,
then yes, you'd submit them to us, just because.  But we'd still
appreciate it if you tried to get them into the official sources as
well, because otherwise *we* have to do it.