Re: binutils installation question

Tom Williams wrote:
> How much more testing and what kind of other testing
> should I do before submitting my patch to the binutils
> maintainers?
>
> The patch is very small and touches only
> opcodes/configure and ltconfig.

I wonder why opcodes/config is affected. This should be handled by
ltconfig. I have patched ltconfig a few weeks ago to handle the case
where host_os is one of those which are using .exe:

2000-06-28  Corinna Vinschen  <vinschen@cygnus.com>

        * ltconfig: Check for host_os beeing one of `cygwin', `mingw' or
        `os2'. Force ac_cv_exeext to be ".exe" in that case.

Just send your patch as a `diff -up' to the binutils mailing list
together with a short description and add a ChangeLog entry to
your mail.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen