RE: Extending cygwin's process table

Chris,

> >Does this mean we could get ps to report the Windows processes as well as
> >the cygwin ones? Also for kill to work on Windows processes as well as
> >cygwin ones, or is this asking too much?
>
> Nope.  I was going to investigate doing this, too.  I've had generic pid
> walking code for a couple of years that I was going to "round tuit" into
> cygwin but...

OK. Just a suggestion that I think could prove very useful.

> Btw, I should point out that it's not likely that I can get a
> 100% correspondence
> between windows pids and cygwin pids.  Instead, the pids will
> have a likelihood
> of being the same but no guarantee.

I guess if you were going to implement my suggestion above, then there would
be a requirement for cygwin PIDs and Windows PIDs to be unique accross the
system, i.e., you could not have cygwin PID be the same number as a Windows
PID.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Head of Science and Engineering Support Unit,
University of Manchester. Tel: +44 161 275 6093, Fax: +44 161 275 6071