Re: Various OpenGL errors

Chris,
I suggest pulling opengl package from cygwin stock
distribution.  One needs to be carefull if he
installed opengl contrib package in /usr/local and
also has X11R6 installed.  Most likely compilers will
create problems.  I had this experience myself.

>Hmm..
>is <windows.h> #included before <GL/glut.h>

Well try avoiding #include <windows.h> altogether.  It
causes problems with opengl.  It was discussed at
Mesa-developers list. check mail archives at
http://www.mesa3d.org.

The person who is having OpenGL link errors I would
rather recommend geting Mesa-3.3 from Mesa CVS, and
compile it.

Suhaib
arrrrrrgh:... cannot post from nc.rr.com, so had to
play cut adn paste game at Yahoo

I've seen a few errors reported with the opengl
package that was
recently submitted for inclusion on sourceware.

If the maintainer is not willing to work on fixing
these various
problems, this package will probably be pulled from
the latest
directory.

Is anyone willing to put some work into maintaining
this package?

cgf

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 02:56:47PM -0400, Norman Vine
wrote:
>Jason Majors writes:
>>
>>I read that thread, but it doesn't really apply
here. All of
>>the functions I'm
>>calling are already setup as 'extern void APIENTRY'.
>>
>>When I comment out the LINK_OPTS macro in my
Makefile, I get
>>the exact same
>>results, so it looks like it can't find the
libraries (they're