cygdrive binary?

Hi all,
I have question about cygdrive mount mode. It is not binary after
setup which causes that some programs does not work. For instance
it's not possible to install rpm packages from paths under /cygdrive.

I changed the value under
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2]
"cygdrive flags"=dword:00000020
in the registry to
"cygdrive flags"=dword:00000002
and now it seems to be OK.

Is it the right way to do that? If yes I would expect that setup
should do that... It was many times written in this list that drives
should be mounted in bin mode...

Dr. Pavel KUDRNA
Katedra elektroniky a vakuove fyziky
Matematicko-fyzikalni fakulta