Textutils 2.0

I'm working on textutils 2.0 at the moment.  I use the stock GNU
distribution, and compile and make with:

CFLAGS="-O2" ./configure
make

However, when I run the "make check" to run the tests, 3 of the "pr" tests
fail.  If you set the environment variable VERBOSE=y, you can see exactly
which tests fail.  "make check" is saying that the certain output files
differ - however when I run diff on the files in question, it shows no
differences.  Does diff ignore differences in \r\n and \n?

-Matt Smith