RE: rpcgen / XDR supprt

You may consider using ARPC from DARPA sponsored Arcadia environments
project.
ftp://ftp.cs.colorado.edu/pub/cs/distribs/arcadia/Arpc404.0a.tar.Z

The ARPC is basically an extension of SUN RPC with a lot of goodies. It
compiles
with MSVC and I have a Cygwin port (but B 20.1, did not get time to
recompile for Cygwin 1.1.x)
at http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6298

I hope this help.

BTW: There is a commercial port of SUN ONC RPC for MSVC, for a rediculous
price of
US$ 10,000.00 per user. Check out
http://www.netbula.com/products/powerrpc/onc-rpc.html
I hope this help.