telnetd oddities

Dear All,

I have recently installed the 1.1.2 net release of cygwin which, of course,
includes the inet utils. I've now set up the inetd nad have been trying the
telnet daemon withone or two odd behaviours for which any advice would be
much appreciated.

1) When I telnet in, then the path is not set correctly. I guess this is
because the cygwin.bat file, which normally sets the path is not executed by
the login process. Is the a way to get this to happen, or should I set the
path through the NT Environment panel?

2)My .bashrc file is not executed when I telnet in. I've copied it to
.profile which is executed and I think this is probably the correct thing to
do (or have .profile source .bashrc).

3) Telnet'ing in is fine, except if I run a DOS command (e.g., net start),
then the output is sent to a separate window on the PC screen and not back
to my telnet session. This is OK if all I want to do is run cygwin commands,
but life is never that convenient!

4) A real puzzling one this: my screen save no longer kicks in after I have
telnet'd in and disconnected again! I have a short cut on my Microsoft
Office tool bar that usually starts up the screen saver, but this no longer
works after telnet'ing in. The screen saver also does not kick in after any
idle time.

Any ideas, suggestions adn especially fixes to any of the above would be
much appreciated (how does one buy someone a beer over the Internet?)

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Head of Science and Engineering Support Unit,
University of Manchester. Tel: +44 161 275 6093, Fax: +44 161 275 6071