Re: Windows and Linux native Sockets (NBY)

Daniel Machín wrote:
> Cygwin doesn't include udp.h and other netinet includes. Is it possible to find those files anywhere on internet? Or, otherwise, it is impossible to use Linux Native sockets when sending UDP datagrams and we have to use WinSockets? Also, where can I download mywinsock.h (lots of people writing about that on the archive) and how can I use it?

You'll have to use wsock2 but when working with Cygwin you
don't have to care about. Cygwin has wrapper functions which hide
that fact.

Simply use the standard socket calls. The restriction is that only
PF_INET and PF_UNIX/PF_LOCAL protocol families are usable.

If you need udp.h, try using (and patching) the file of your linux box.
Same for other ip header description files.
Be aware that using SOCK_RAW on NT/W2K requires admin privileges.

`mywinsock.h' is obsolete stuff and the latest references are from
1998, AFAICS.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen