Re: include incompatibilities

--- towo@computer.org wrote:
> I had lamented about incompatible changes in include
> files.
 Incompatible with what?
> May I repeat the practical essence of my previous
> mail which is the
> question: How can these things be detected by
> #ifdef's without
> referring to actual system specifics as below?
>
> #include <errno.h>
> #ifdef __CYGWIN__	/* and version > something ... !
> */
> #define sys_nerr _sys_nerr
> #define sys_errlist _sys_errlist
> #endif
>
> (On "classical" systems, the exported names are
> without underlines -
> why do these name manglings have to be imposed on
> us?)
 Looking around the office, I find

IRIX 6.5 sys_nerr and sys_errlist are only defined
with use of the Non-ANSI switch.

Solaris 6.5 sys_nerr and sys_errlist are not defined
at all.

If by "classical" you mean "obsolete" you might have a
point.

It really seems to me that it would be less effort to
change your program than to convince the whole world
to go backward 10 years.