Re: Looking for a gooood port of VI for cygwin...

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 01:51:54PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Dave Arnold wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > is there a good port of VI that will work with cygwin?
> > I love VI, it's so simple and fast and it's hard to live
> > without it.
>
> ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael/1.0/

	How about VIM?  <www.vim.org>

	It's now my preferred flavor of vi on both Unix (*BSD and Linux)
and on Windows.  Their site includes Windows binaries.  It supports color
syntax highlighting, multiple windows, multiple undo/redo, and works with
cscope as a few of it's optional enhancements.

	Other than the multiple redo/undo, I'm unaware of any significant
differences between pure vi and vim.

	Pure vi uses 'u' to undo and 'u' again to redo for a single level
undo.  VIM uses 'u' to undo and '^r' to redo and you can undo and redo
multiple levels.

> --
> Corinna Vinschen
> Cygwin Developer