libtool problem

Hello,

I am using Mingw32 (don't know if that is on topic for this list, but
you can still probably help). I am using it as a cross compiler. The
problem is when I try to compile the library I wrote, libtool keeps
trying to compile and run something called impgen. Of course since it
isn't windows impgen.exe does not run and my compilation halts. It
appears to be testing a lib in .lib or something because that is where
it builds it. Can anyone tell me how to get libtool to work with a cross
compiler? I know it works because I've compiled a lib that uses it. I
just can't figure out how they made it work :(