RE: How to set editor like VIM in cygwin with and with GUI ?

I don't know if this will help, but here's what I am doing to use VIM.

I created a shell script called "vi.sh", and put it in a directory that is
in my $PATH
the contents of that script file point to my vim.exe file, and looks
something like this:

/apps/vim/vim.exe $1

now, from the shell I can type "vi FILENAME" and it will open the file in
VIM.

hope that helps you out. I know it's a hack, but it works just fine. :)

Thanks,
Frank Merenda | Senior Software Engineer
VetExchange   | http://www.VetExchange.com
fmerenda@VetExchange.com

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

-- Roger Caras