Re[2]: OpenSSH 2.1 to Windows2000

Hi!

Monday, 19 June, 2000 Corinna Vinschen corinna@vinschen.de wrote:

>> I'm  not an expert on either CygWin or Win2k, but I did notice that
>> Win2k has a function CreateLogonSession() that might be used to get
>> ssh  sessions  into  the  NT  box  without the need for NT password
>> authentication.  I  haven't  really  investigated any further since
>> we're not using Win2k here.

CV> If some kind soul could provide example code how to build
CV> a LSA authentication package I would be glad. MS description
CV> is not very instructive...

i've tried to research this question some time ago, and real problem i
couldn't  overcome  was  not  writing  LSA  auth,  but calling it from
user-space.   Seems   that   LSALogonUser()  call  is  available  from
kernel-space  only.  Microsoft  uses special driver (ksecdd.sys) to do
this   call,   and   applications  communicate  with  ksecdd.sys  via
undocumented LPC (Local Procedure Call) by some undocumented protocol.
working examples of lsa coan be found in PlatformSDK. You can also get
results of my (vain) attempts to make it work from

http://www.logos-m.ru/~deo/data/lsa-test.tar.gz

local  authority  dll  builds  ok,  dumps  info  that  it successfully
registered,  but  client.exe fails -- it cannot call LSALogonUser from
ntoskrnl.exe.

i'll be very glad if it helps a bit...