Re: Can't build a DLL using gcc

Carl Thompson wrote:

> I wrote a message to the list the other day about a much easier way to
> create DLLs using Cygwin than using dlltool, dllhelpers and .def files.  You
> can see it at
>
>    http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-06/msg00688.html

I have used it as a first try to write a DLL.
It does work for Cygwin apps  using Cygwin DLLs,

--- many thanks for the instructions. ---

What else is needed the same easy way to link a Cygwin app against a Microsoft,
e.g. VC or Borland created DLL, without having a .def or import library.
Doing more with LINUX every time its difficult to understand why there are so
much differences and difficulties.

--
with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
port GmbH            phone +49 345 77755-0
Regensburger Str. 7c fax   +49 345 77755-20
D-06132 Halle/Saale  mailto:oe@port.de
Germany              http://www.port.de