libglut.a

How do one link with libglut.a or libglut32.a ? nm reveals that
/lib/libglut.a does not define the glut functions but rather some reference
to it; e.g., it defines glutInitDisplayMode@4 instead of
glutInitDisplayMode. I can't link even the following simple test code:

#include <string.h>
#include <GL/glut.h>

    void main(int argc, char* argv[])
    {
    /****************************************/
    /*   Initialize GLUT and create window  */

       glutInitDisplayMode( GLUT_RGB | GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_DEPTH );

    }

Ld complains an undefined reference to `glutInitDisplayMode' when I link
with -lglut or -lglut32.

André Bleau, ing., analyste
bleau@courriel.polymtl.ca

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School