Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79

Hello,

after some days using the new make 3.79 I found following problems:

a) The archive make3-79.tar.gz in latest omits the make.info* files for version 3.79 provided by the FSF
b) The variable MAKE should be automatically set to the file name used to invoke make. In 3.79 it seems to be a single space prohibiting the execution of recursive make commands following the advice given by the make manual.
c) Using @ to hide the line echo within a define will treat all following lines as the @ was given too and the line echo is wrongly suppressed. This makes debugging of makefiles really painful.

Bugs demonstrated with following makefile. Call
make MAKE=`which make` SHOW=
to see correct behaviour.

Unfortunately I have no Linux system running to determine wether these are general make 3.79 bugs or bugs caused by the Cygwin port.

Greetings
Jörg

========= makefile ==========

SHOW:=@