Re: setup, default mounts

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 02:13:23PM -0500, Parker, Ron wrote:
>> The setup in the release dir allways mount /lib and /bin to
>> /usr/lib/ and
>> /usr/bin. Is there a special reason for it ?
>
>The best explaination of this is the thread where the developers originally
>discussed doing this,
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2000-02/threads.html#00132
>.  The message that started the whole discussion is
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2000-02/msg00132.html.

The only variation from this discussion is that I changed the installer so
that /usr/bin was mounted as /bin.  That means that /bin is the actual
directory and /usr/bin is an alias for /bin.

I did this because I figured that more people had stuff in their /bin and
might already have a PATH pointing there.

cgf