Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79

> I've uploaded a new version of make to sourceware/pub/cygwin/latest.
> This is make version 3.79 straight from the FSF with the usual Cygwin
> modifications to support the MAKE_MODE=unix, MAKE_MODE=windows, --unix,
> --windows, abomin.., er, features.

Possibly a dumb question, but is the 'windows' make mode necessary, or even
useful to anyone?  The only difference is that it uses CMD.EXE or
COMMAND.COM instead of sh, right?  Why would anyone want to do that?

Gary R. Van Sickle <tiberius@braemarinc.com>
Braemar Inc.
11481 Rupp Dr.
Burnsville, MN 55337