RE: Updated: Cygwin DLL 1.1.2

Christopher,

> To update your installation, CREATE AN EMPTY DIRECTORY, cd to it, and
> download the latest version of setup.exe from the cygwin/latest
> directory at a cygwin mirror site near you.  Then type:
>
> setup cygwin
>
> Answer the questions as you did when you first installed cygwin.  This
> procedure should only update the cygwin package.

I ran into a couple of small problems doing this. During installation I was given the option to either delete,rename or ignore /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/{lib,include}. The default was delete, which I boldly accepted. After this I was notified that /usr/i686-pc-cygwin could not be deleted since it was not empty. True, there was still /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin left. After checking that all the executables was in fact present in /usr/bin, I deleted /usr/i686-pc-cygwin completely.

I then attempted to compile a C++ program with g++. This failed because of a missing header file _G_config.h. This was nowhere to be found on my system. I the re-installed gcc-2.95.2-1.tar.gz, and amazingly this file appears again in /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/include as the only file.

I can now compile my C++ program.

Thanks for Cygwin.

Niels
--